Friday 7 February 2014

Second week tutorial

7th Feb, 2014

This is the second week for our project. In this week, according to the plan, We have basic awareness on the function of scoot system. Besides, we choice the cross street of Brown Hill and lime street to be the traffic simulation target.

However, we met several challenges when we try to edit and run the Movsim for traffic simulation. To be more specific,in this week, our project team has a considerable progress on the understanding of Movsim. We view all the current Movsim examples, such as ringing road, cloverleaf, speed limit, traffic light and etc. We also download the corresponding java code file. It is supposed to refer the real road condition to achieve the simulation in Movsim software. Meanwhile, we have trouble on achieving the code editing. And today, in tutorial, we discuss these problem to our supervisor prof Maskell whom provide us a significant help on software support. The functional software as virtual-box and java-Development Kit  were mentioned. In addition to this, he also gave us a brief guide on java coding.



After the tutorial, we have discuss the next week plan of group project. Kegong will download and give all the software support, which include the build up Movsim in virtual-box. Wenlong, Yiwei and Gengguo will focus on the coding, which covered road simulate, cars flows and traffic light parameters.


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..
    I am also working on movsim for one of my project. but I cannot understand how to run those examples and create simulations. I cannot find any help to assist me in doing so. Can you guide me that how did you run it? I know that I am supposed to provide some files as input but which files and in what order should I give them as argument?
    I am also unable to find any help regarding my issues. I would be thankful if you help me on this.

    ReplyDelete